Saturday, May 19, 2012

Flea Market Treasures

My two favorite places to shop in Santa Cruz are antique 
stores and the flea market...  
Ooooh the pearls you find at the flea are infinite!  
If you're trying to re-design your space, this flea market is 
a great place to start for inspiration, if nothing else.  And Fridays
are antique days!  But you have to be patient, and you have 
to find the beauty in the discarded junk, and you have to 
get there early. Here are some photos of what Chris and I
came home with last Sunday.

This half size wooden ladder {it might not even really be a ladder} was perfect for my 
endless books and magazines I always keep near the bed.  It created a much more 
organized space and I love its reclaimed look.




I looove these art nouveau candle holder/wall sconces.  They're wrought iron with 
a beautiful green patina. We snagged two of them, a perfect pair.




I've decided to create a complimentary color scheme in each room of our home.  Although I'm not a fan of blue, I thought it would be fun to entertain the idea of the color.  I thought these old medicine bottles were a perfect element of design and color for the bedroom.









Our collection of hawk feathers.  I adore these little blue bottles.




This is an art piece I've loved for years: The Kiss by Gustav Klimt, c.1907. 
Chris is going to re frame it in wood, I can't wait! 


No comments:

Post a Comment