Saturday, September 1, 2012

Catching Dreams~ Happy September 1st !


After being completely inspired by this
image, I decided I would create my 
own dream catcher, just in time for 
autumn dreams.  
It has been incredibly enjoyable 
traversing around Santa Cruz 
finding bits here, pieces there, to 
include in my design. I hope my 
project stimulates your own ideas 
for a dream catcher!  What a 
beautiful moment for the bedroom, 
especially suspended from the 
ceiling, which I plan to do!

Happy September!  
Enjoy this time~ xxo




I was thrilled when I stumbled upon the web of my catcher in an antique store down by the sea in Capitola Village.  I love the thought of incorporating someone else's hand sewn piece, 
loved once a long time ago, into my own creation.




The color of this leather is delicious.  
Not only will I use it as details on my 
dreamcatcher, but also for more leather 
feather earrings- which are currently 
selling at Zen Trading on 41st.  A beautiful 
chestnut color accessory for the fall time.





Yarn, ribbon, leather, shells, sea glass, lace, feathers, hemp, old keys,
sticks from the garden, pebbles... everything that represents me
and the things I love will be designed into the catcher-
I can't wait! Check the blog for the finished product.
In the meantime, originate your own!





No comments:

Post a Comment